Team Administrators use the Permission Overview page to verify and/or manage Permissions for each Object Level (Team, Binder, Folder, and Document). For more information on Object Level Permissions, please see: What are objects in Florence eBinder Suite, and how do they relate to assigning permissions?
Only Users assigned with the Role for "Manage Permissions for Entire Team" can view and edit the Permission Overview page.
On the Permission Overview page you can:
1. Use the User/Role Selector to toggle between Users and Roles by clicking the down arrow at the end of the current selection.
2. Select desired Binders to view/edit by choosing them from the Binder list. To modify, click the down arrow at the end of the Binders list.
3. Toggle through Filters by clicking on the colored reporting buttons. A grey background will appear behind the currently selected button (e.g., "All Items" is selected below).
The filter boxes are defined as follows:
- Includes ALL Objects in the Team, regardless of Permissions assigned
- Useful for managing Permissions on Objects the User or Role does not currently have Permissions assigned for
- Includes only Objects the Role or User has access to
- Replicates the Role or User's Global View
Directly Permitted Items
- Highlights Objects the Role or User has direct Permissions on and will not include any that are inherited from higher-level Objects. For more information on Direct and Indirect Permissions, please see: What are Direct Permissions vs. Indirect Permissions?
- Useful for pinpointing the locations where the Permission was assigned to assist in managing the Permission
- Includes all Binders but only Objects under the Binder the Role or User does NOT have access to
- Click the "+" to expand and confirm Object restricted in each Binder
There are currently four options for accessing the Permission Overview.
Option 1: Access the Permission Overview directly using the "Settings" drop-down menu at the top right of your screen
Option 2: Access the Permission Overview using the Manage Roles main page, available from the "Settings" drop-down menu at the top right of your screen
Option 3: Manage Permissions for a specific Role from the Manage Role Details page via the "Click here to see Folder and Document Permissions" link
Option 4: Access the Permissions Overview using the Manage Team Members page, available from the "Settings" drop-down menu at the top right of your screen
For more information on how to use the Permission Overview to manage Permissions, please see: How do I use the Permission Overview to view and manage effective permissions?